Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Recipe: Zucchini Pizza

When we were visiting my parents in law last thursday, they gave us some home grown veggies from their garden, including green paprika, beets and this round zucchini! I immediately had plans for it! So last saturday, the weather was beautiful and I ended up enjoying the sunshine with friends all afternoon. I was home late and not that hungry anymore, so I've decided to make little pizzas from the zucchini, a lovely light vegetarian and low carb dinner.

I know it's hard to find 'round' zucchinis, but you can also do this recipe with a regular one and make smaller pizza bites as a snack!

I only ate two of these slices Saturday, because I wasn't that hungry, but you could add some brown rice, quinoa or couscous to make it a proper and filling meal. We both enjoyed it very much, so I knew I want to share it with you guys and I hope you enjoy them as much as we did.

What you need:
  • (round) zucchini
  • cherry tomatoes
  • green paprika
  • goat cheese
  • roasted pine nuts
  • dried oregano
  • olive oil
  • salt and black pepper
What you do
  • Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
  • Cut you zucchini in 1 cm slices (about 1/4"), let them dry for a minute on a clean towel and sprinkle some salt and pepper on them. Heat a grill pan with a bit of olive oil and grill the zucchini until they get brown lines on them, on both sides.
  • Cut the paprika in tiny peace and the cherry tomatoes in thin slices.
  • Decorate you 'pizza' with the paprika, tomato slices and goat cheese, sprinkle a bit of dried oregano on them and put it in the oven for 10 minutes.
  • When they're done, put some pinenuts on them (my favorite!) and you're ready! 

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment