Monday, November 18, 2013

Clean French Toast

I've always loved French toast. When I still lived and my parents place, my little brother used to make them for me once in a while. I was really craving French toast last sunday and figured it's pretty easy to make it more clean. Let me tell you how I did it!

What you need for 2 servings: 
  • 4 slices of (old) spelt bread, or other more healthy bread you have available
  • 3 eggs
  • cinnamon or pumpkin spice
  • almond milk
  • low-fat Greek yogurt
  • strawberries
  • coconut shavings
  • maple syrup
  • coconut oil
What you do:
  1. In a bowl, crack the eggs and whisk them with the almond milk. I didn't really measure, I just kept adding the milk until I liked the consistency.  Add some cinnamon (I've used pumpkin spice) and mix it well.
  2. Put the slices of bread into the mixture and let them soak it in.
  3. Heat a tablespoon of coconut oil in a big pan and bake the bread in it, until they have a nice brown color.
  4. Top the French toast with Greek yogurt, fruit (strawberries this time), and maple syrup.
The mister needed more sweetness, so he added a bit of coconut blossom sugar.

No comments:

Post a Comment