Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Healthy snack: Parmesan edamame bites

This snack is perfect movie food! It fast, simple and delicious. I always order a plate of edamame (soy beans) when I'm having sushi, or I use them in a noodle soup. But they're also perfect for snacking. They contain lots of protein, antioxidants, fiber and Phytoestrogens (this helps prevent cancer). So why not give it a try?

I used a handfull of frozen Edamame pods. Put them in boiling water for about 5 minutes, or until the pods are soft.
Shell them. Just push them out with your thumb. Add pepper, garlic powder and finely grated Parmesan cheese to taste and stir it through. Put in the oven for 10 minutes on 180 degrees Celsius (350 degrees Fahrenheit).
When out of the oven add some sea salt and enjoy your movie!
Never enough healthy and delicious snacks, right?

1 comment:

  1. Wauw! wat een leuke schaaltjes... ik weet dat het om het eten gaat, maar die schaaltjes vallen me meer op haha

    ReplyDelete